Information Management Associates
A consultancy, training and research team
IMA current and recent work highlights
- UK national surveys of school libraries (with the School Libraries Group of CILIP); published as School Libraries in the UK: a worthwhile past, a difficult present — and a transformed future?
- Royal College of Midwives — options appraisal of their library, information and archives services
- UK national investigation (with Leeds University Business School) of the training of academic researchers in research information methodologies and tools, for the Research Information Network (published as Mind the skills gap: information-handling training for researchers London: Research Information Network 2008 www.rin.ac.uk/training-research-info
- UK national evaluation of the Leading Modern Public Libraries leadership development programme for the Museums, Libraries and Archives Council (working with the Centre for the Public Library in Society, University of Sheffield)
- Natural England Customer Review of Information and Library Services, commissioned by the Department for Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) and covering staff of the Countryside Agency (Landscape, Access and Recreation Division), English Nature and the environmental land management staff of Defra’s Rural Development Service
- Training workshops on library service evaluation and teaching skills for CILIP (the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals).
- IMA consultants Sharon Markless and David Streatfield have distilled the IMA impact evaluation experience in their recent book Evaluating the impact of your library1